Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Hit the Ground Running

countdown to race: 128 days
We are one week into our training schedule and so far, so good. We can stick to anything for one week, unless it involves staying away from sweets and then we fail within 24 hours. Especially since lately the reward for running has been either cake or chocolate-peanut butter frozen banana bites.
If you can't tell, we've yet to start developing healthier eating habits. One thing at a time.

We're training for the 2011 Waddell and Reed Kansas City Half Marathon on October 15, 2011. This is my first half-marathon and Mark's second. We both trained for the 2010 Hospital Hill half but per my doctor's guidance and my own laziness first trimester nausea and exhaustion, I threw in the towel and vowed to run the KC Half this year.

So here we are. Four months until the race. Plenty of time to train. And it is if we stay on track. Hence, the blog.

We'll be sharing our training schedule and tips, bragging about good runs, gripes about weather, trails and trail-goers, pre- and post-run noshings and more.

I'm always inspired when I read other people's stories. I hope this blog will serve the same for others.

No comments:

Post a Comment