Thursday, June 16, 2011

Accountability

countdown to race: 120 days
Our training schedule is on every single calendar I own. I'm reading Run Like a Mother (which is great, you should really check it out) and telling everyone I know that we're training for the half.

Not only to brag, although I enjoy that part of it too, but so that everyone asks how it's going. It feels good to wow people with mileage and if we start slacking off, I'm going to feel like a loser having to say "Egh, we've been busy or it's just so hot" or any other lame excuse I've let throw me off a running schedule before.

It would be amazing to not miss a single run in a four month training schedule, but let's be realistic. We're parents, who work full-time and again, running is not our life. The important thing is that we keep a positive attitude and instead of making excuses, we work to motivate each other. And we might as well use our families, co-workers, calendars, etc. to remind us of the commitment we've made to running the half.

No comments:

Post a Comment