Sunday, June 12, 2011

Tunes

countdown to race: 124 days

I haven't done actual research, but I at least feel like I run better when I'm listening to certain music. On occasion, when running solo with baby or if I forgot headphones, I run without music. It's not so bad, but I've found that it's easier for me to run if I can set my rhythm in beat with music.

WARNING: I like to run to pop/dance/top 40 hits. I have had the same playlist for almost a year. Some might find this music offensive, painful and down right terrible. I strongly encourage you to find music that works for you, I just thought I'd share what I listen to when I pound the pavement to try to drown out the sound of my thighs rubbing together and my heavy breathing.

Here are the songs on my running playlist:
"Ain't Nothing Wrong with That" Robert Randolph & the Family Band
"Right Round" Flo Rida
"Bullet Proof" La Roux
"Sexy Bitch" David Guetta
"Fire Burning on the Dancefloor" Sean Kingston
"Bad Romance" Lady Gaga
"I've Gotta Feeling" Black Eyed Peas
"Tik Tok" Kei$ha
"I Know You Want Me" Pitbull
"Poker Face" Lady Gaga
"So What" Pink
"Party in the USA" Miley Cirus
"Empire State of Mind" Jay-Z featuring Alicia Keys
"She Wolf" Shakira
"Womanizer" Britney Spears
"Just Dance" Lady Gaga

I warned you. I even cringe at this pitiful list of "music" but in all honesty these are the tunes that keep me going, help me pick up the pace and keep me distracted through times when all I can think is "how much further/longer do I have to go?" I tell myself, just get through one more song.

No comments:

Post a Comment