Monday, September 1, 2014

Walks with Dog and Tots

I've taken to after-dinner walks with our dog and the kids. It's a win-win-win. The dog loves it, the kids love it, and I get to feel a little bit better about not running.

Have you ever pushed a double stroller and walked an eager dog up a hill? It is totally a workout.

I've started mapping out our walks, planning routes for future solo runs. Our new neighborhood is close to a relatively major road but it's a residential area so there are a lot of side streets. A lot better than walking in circles around our old neighborhood or driving to the trail for a walk.

It's a nice routine. The dog and the kids head to the front door after dinner, motivating me to get in some exercise even on days when I want nothing more than to sink into the sofa.

No comments:

Post a Comment