Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Burnt Out

countdown to race: 79 days
I know I'm stating the obvious, but it is hot!

We've been spoiled by a fairly mild summer up until recently. Now I break a sweat just walking from my office to the car. I have a strong aversion to running in extreme weather. I don't find running particularly fun to begin with, but add scorching or freezing temperatures to the mix and it is unbearable.

Mark and I are running three days a week. Per the training schedule, we do semi-long runs on Tuesdays, recovery runs on Thursdays and long runs on Saturdays.

To beat the heat, we hit the trail as soon as we Grace wakes up on Saturday mornings. However, we've been forced to take our runs indoors the other two days.

Do you run outside, no matter what the temp?
Any tips for training in the summer?

No comments:

Post a Comment