Friday, September 23, 2011

Back at It

countdown to race: 21 days

Haven't been blogging but don't worry, we're still running. We haven't stuck to our training schedule as closely as we should. Since school started - both of our mothers are teachers - we've slacking off during the week. The cooler temps and imminent races have helped get back at it.

Tomorrow we are both running the KC 15k. This will be the farthest I have ever ran. I'm skeered.

I know I can do it, physically, but I have to break through my mental limitations. I've been training for months, but my mind keeps thinking about the number of miles and instead of just running until I can't run anymore, I think "I've been running for an hour, I should walk for a little while.."

I have 3hrs to finish the 15k. We usually run at a 11min/mile pace. Plenty of time.
My goal for the 15k: Don't finish last.

I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment